News and Events: Durbanville Hills Glitters with Gold Medals
Durbanville Hills has achieved no less than 10 gold medals at the Michelangelo International Wine & Spirits Awards, the prestigious competition now in its 26th year.
The judges for Michelangelo International Wine & Spirits Awards are hand-picked experts across seven continents. All entries are tasted blind and scored according to the 100-point internationally recognised OIV judging system.
“Each of the wines across our ranges, all reflect the cool climate location of the Durbanville area – they are fruit forward with exceptional balance and structure regardless of the cultivar. Our endless variety of slopes and hills, close proximity to the ocean with its cooling sea breezes and early morning mist, makes winemaking a joy!”
“Although many wines are produced for early enjoyment, we have found over the years that the longevity of our wines has rewarded us years after bottling. It’s for this very reason that I am so pleased to see that our Tangram wines, made for cellaring, has taken favour by the judging panel.”
The top achieving gold awarded wines:
- Durbanville Hills Shiraz 2019
- Durbanville Hills Chenin Blanc 2021
- Durbanville Hills Cabernet Sauvignon 2019
- Durbanville Hills Collectors Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon 2019
- Durbanville Hills Collectors Reserve Cape Mist Sauvignon Blanc 2019
- Durbanville Hills Collectors Reserve The Lighthouse Merlot 2018
- Durbanville Hills The Tangram White blend 2019
- Durbanville Hills The Tangram Bordeaux blend 2017
- Durbanville Hills Merlot Potstill brandy 2010
- Durbanville Hills Woolworths Sauvignon Blanc 2021
Add these spectacular wines to your collection by ordering online or nationwide from leading liquor outlets.